EasyVista designed its Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and the data it stores, to be the focal point for EasyVista IT Service Manager. Based upon a shared repository of data, the CMDB manages the Configuration Items (CI) and the relationships between the CIs.
EasyVista Configuration Management integrates with EasyVista Asset Management to populate the CMDB, but can also import and reconcile data from your asset management tool of choice.
EasyVista’s Extended Configuration Management Database
- Graphical navigation between CIs
- Graphical representation of service relationships and interdependencies
- Real-time availability of CI data, reported based upon the SLA of each defined CI and relationship
- Automated alerts, based upon CI and relationship data, automatically notifies the right service provider or support organization (with regard to incidents or changes)
- Rapid identification of potential problems and their root cause
- Create impact simulations based upon proposed changes to identify potential problems prior to implementing the change
- Automated processing of change requests via defined workflow, allowing updates to the underlying CI and relationship data
- Monitoring of configuration items
- Changes or maintenance based upon business planning or budget cycles
- Native integration with the management of incidents, changes, and park management
- CI baseline management: save, compare and identify changes in your configurations