Evaluate Cloud ITSM Solutions with 8 Essential Questions
Share our post
Evaluating ITSM vendors is no easy task — and it only gets more complicated when looking at cloud ITSM solutions. There’s an extensive list of factors at play, not to mention security concerns to consider. That’s why it’s so important to start off asking the right questions to quickly narrow down your list of potential vendors.
In our recent webinar, Not All Cloud ITSM Vendors Are Created Equal, our experts shared tips and best practices on what to look for and what to avoid in cloud ITSM vendors. To help you simplify the evaluation process even further, follow this eight question checklist to find cloud ITSM solutions that have the right qualities to support your organization and end users.
8 Must Ask Questions for Cloud ITSM Vendors
1. How long have you provided a cloud ITSM solution and for how many customers? TIP: Evaluate how many cloud customers they have on their platform and what percentage are on the latest release.
2. Can you support global datacenters in geographies around the world? TIP: The vendor should provide global datacenter options and provide 24/7 support.
3. Do you have a documented methodology for selecting IaaS providers? TIP: A complete methodology helps evaluate the availability and performance of IaaS providers to ensure they meet SLAs.
4. How do you utilize system data to predict and avoid issues? TIP: The vendor should be leveraging advanced analytics to optimize system availability and performance.
5. Can you demonstrate your commitment to both operational and administrative security? TIP: Documentation and certifications should be shared to prove their commitment to industry best practices.
6. Do you have experience in supporting international compliance and regional legislation? TIP: Make the vendor discuss how they will help your organization comply with regulations like GDPR, PCI, or HIPAA.
7. Are you and your IaaS partners’ processes SSAE-16 SOC 2 Type II audited? TIP: Many vendors claim they are audited, so be sure to ask for the SSAE-16 report from the vendor and IaaS partner.
8. Will I have 24/7 access to real-time availability and activity of our systems? TIP: The vendor must be able to provide and demonstrate access to a dashboard with real-time information.
Katie McKenna is the Digital Marketing Manager at EasyVista, managing all aspects of social media and the company’s web presence. She enjoys learning and sharing all things ITSM, IoT, SaaS, and IT Consumerization. Katie is also an avid reader, pizza enthusiast, and horror movie lover. Follow Katie’s latest tweets on EasyVista and industry news at @EasyVista.