Unexpected Results from EMA’s Latest ITSM ResearchJune 26 , 2017
ITSM and many of the methodologies associated with it have been around for quite some time now. With the fast pace of the IT industry and all the new, shiny tech coming to market every day, ITSM is too often considered an area lacking in innovation and impact on the business. That’s what makes the findings from EMA’s recent survey so surprising! According to the research, ITSM is a “hub of innovation,” unifying IT across many silos. ITSM technologies are evolving, changing the role it plays in IT and the organization overall.
EMA’s survey was conducted in May 2017 and involved nearly 300 respondents. A unique feature of the methodology is that EMA did not restrict the research to ITSM professionals. With the growing use of ITSM outside of the IT organization, the survey just dictated that respondents be active in ITSM-related initiatives – whether or not they are IT pros. This provided a multifaceted view of the broad role of ITSM across the business which resulted in some interested findings, including:
- Improving end-user experience internal to the business was listed as the top strategic priority, with 31% of respondents placing it as #1.
- Also, when asked for the single greatest priority, internal user experience came out on top.
- 60% of respondents had multiple service catalogs or app stores.
- 86% offer mobile support for ITSM professionals. And 87% leverage mobile to support end-user customer requests.
- 56% stated their ITSM team with its affiliated stakeholders were “slated for growth.”
Download the summary report
This one’s on us! As a co-sponsor of EMA’s research, we’re able to offer you a free copy of the full report with even more insights on the service desk and its increasingly strategic role in the enterprise:
We hope you enjoy and find the results enlightening!