6 Ways Your ITSM Vendor's Customer Success Team Can Help You Deliver Superior Customer Experiences
Share our post
There’s a common misconception when it comes to working with customer success teams that the customers who are constantly calling are the ones having the most problems managing their ITSM solution. As a Customer Success Manager, I’m here to tell you that way of thinking could not be farther from the truth! It’s my job to proactively gain visibility into our customers’ needs and make sure they realize the maximum value and benefit from our products and services. The customers that I’m talking to on a regular basis are truly the ones getting the most out of the product and delivering a superior user experience to their end users. It’s the customers who go dark on us that I worry about.
Your success is our success
We have a saying here at EasyVista that has become my mantra: “We don’t want happy customers. We want successful customers.” Believe me – it’s a much easier job to make customers happy (a few care packages of chocolate and cookies should help!). However, the goal here is success which means working with your ITSM vendor on a regular basis to maximize your ROI and make sure your end users are getting a top-notch IT service experience. Customer Success meetings are, of course, the perfect place to discuss concerns and issues, but you may be surprised by some of the other benefits you can expect.
6 reasons to work with a Customer Success Manager
1. Product knowledge – Customer Success Managers often host enablement sessions on features, capabilities, and new releases. On these calls, many customers have discovered simple tips, tricks, and best practices that have made their day-to-day lives a whole lot easier. Furthermore, Customer Success Managers can recommend and help coordinate additional training and services. This was a huge help to one customer who was having a tough time managing the solution. There had been turnover at the organization which left them without staff members who knew the full scope of the product nor how to use it. A few customer success and training sessions later and they were back on track towards fulfilling their ITSM vision.
2. Free advice – Do you have a roadmap but you’re not sure what steps you need to take to get there? Or do you first need help in creating a roadmap? We’re here to help you understand what can be done with the product and what next steps you need to take to achieve the items on your personalized journey. By working with so many other customers, we have tons of insights to share on what you can be doing with the product. Which brings me to my next point…
3. Leveraging the experience of others – We love to share how other EV customers are using the product. By working with Customer Success, you’ll hear what other customers are doing so you can leverage their experience for your own endeavors. We can even coordinate meetings with other customers who have “been there, done that.” That way, you can learn from those who have achieved exactly what you’re trying to do.
4. Influence development – Did you know that you can help shape the product by pushing for features that you’d like to see through your Customer Success Manager? For example, we had been working with a higher education institution that required the ability for prospective students and parents to see the Service Catalog in Service Apps. This wasn’t possible at the time because users had to have a login which these individuals did not have. CSM worked with the EV development team and Public Apps was added to the roadmap, becoming a reality in about three months.
5. Support escalation – I want to preface this point by saying EasyVista Support is first rate. We have 24 hour online and email support—plus phone support during business hours—all in multiple languages. That said, there are situations where certain issues need to be expeditated. Maybe a customer has a particular event coming up that requires a quicker than normal fix. That’s where Customer Success Teams come in. We act as customer advocates with the ability to reach into all areas of the organization for assistance to get you the help you need.
6. Providing feedback – We want to hear from our customers on what’s working and what can be improved. We pride ourselves on proactively gaining visibility into our customers’ needs and one way we do that is through Customer Success calls. And it’s not just about hearing out those concerns; it’s about making real changes with that feedback. In fact, the entire Report Accelerator initiative was born out of customer feedback. As were improvements to our Knowledge Management module a few years back and the Project module last year.
By this point, I hope to have you thoroughly convinced of the numerous benefits to working closely with your Customer Success Team. But don’t just take my word for it, schedule a call with your Customer Success Manager and experience the advantages for yourself. Additionally, be sure to join us for our quarterly customer-only webinars where you’ll get product updates, tips and tricks, customer examples, and company news. Remember: Don’t settle for being a “happy” customer; be a successful one!
We mentioned how Customer Success Managers often share free tips, tricks, and best practices. Get started with this complimentary eBook from industry analyst organization, ITSM.tools: 10 Common ITIL Myths…Busted!
Sherry is a Customer Success Manager at EasyVista and has held multiple ITSM roles since 2001. Due to her maniacal focus on exceeding expectations, her customers consistently receive excellent service throughout their EasyVista journey. Her natural capacity and affinity for working with all types of people, combined with her outgoing and spontaneous personality, allows her to quickly build positive rapport.
Take the first step in transforming your service today.